(You can't really tell from the photo but they had on matching GAP hats-NOT PLANNED-but fun anyway.)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
My Big Boy
I have to take a minute and say how thankful I am for my little boy! He has grown so much lately and is developing all these wonderful new skills. I am so proud that he has mastered potty training. In fact, he hasn't had an accident in over a week! Plus he has been waking up dry almost every morning. But potty training is just the start of how he's become a "big boy". He's starting to be more mature in his behavior. Things he used to throw tantrums over, he doesn't now, unless he is really tired. I think back to the first week Jeff left for work and how hard it was, and now our days seem to fly by with fewer bumps. He is able to communicate with me better and it has really helped us get along. I feel like I have come to know him more for who he is and what his personality is like. I think he is going to make an awesome big brother in a few weeks! Today we went to the park with Tiffany and Chandler and while we were there I realized just how much he has developed. I don't know how to describe it, he just seemed like such a big boy! I am so thankful that I have Carson here with me while Jeff is gone. Tonight he went to bed at 7, and I must admit that although having time to myself is nice, I've felt lonely. I miss our nightly routine of bath time, story time, songs and good night kisses. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be up bright and early and we'll have another fun day together!
My attempt to get a picture of the boys playing...perhaps better luck next time!
(You can't really tell from the photo but they had on matching GAP hats-NOT PLANNED-but fun anyway.)
(You can't really tell from the photo but they had on matching GAP hats-NOT PLANNED-but fun anyway.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He really is growing up. Went to bed at 7? Nice! I think that is worth no nap if he will go to bed that early. I think Heavenly Father knows you need a break too, having Jeff gone and being so close to having Jonas. :)
It is good to be back from the blogging dead. YES, the news was about how he had raped young girls. It was not giving Idaho a good name down here in Houston. It is good to see that everything is going good for you. I hope you have the baby soon. I know that you are ready for him to be here.
When I was watching Carson in church today, he did seem quiet and more reserved then before. It is crazy how much he has grown since we have been in the ward. Oh if you wanted to you could add a link to my blog on the ward blog. Have a good night.
Post a Comment