Friday, May 2, 2008

36 Weeks

Today I had my 36 week appointment. Not much has changed, well except that I've been retaining water like crazy and that affected my weight. My ankles and hands have been sooo swollen this week. The nurse started asking me if I had any other symptoms of preeclampsia, but I don't. Guess it was a pretty significant weight gain, (I didn't look because I didn't want to know and then get depressed!) They were going to test me for Group B, but since it had already shown up in my urine earlier, they said there was no need to, they'd just treat me for it when I went into labor.

So my last appointment was two weeks ago and a lot has changed at the doc's office. The most notable change: Dr. Crouch is gone. I really liked him as doctor and think it is way sad. His name was taken off everything, and I even checked their website http://www.madisonwomensclinic.com/ and everything about him is gone! I'd heard about a week ago that he was taking an early retirement because someone was suing him. I'm not sure on the whole story, but someone said one of his patients had died in childbirth, but I'd also heard that he'd had a baby die on him. Its all hear-say so if you know anything about what is is really going on, let me know! I know there are HIPPA laws, but if you have any general info that would be nice!

Anyways, they've also repainted the entire clinic (bye-bye purple walls, which I actually kind of liked), gotten new exam tables, new digital scales and lots more. I felt like I was in a different doctors office! I have another appointment on the 13th and then hopefully my baby will be here after that...well I can hope. He'll probably come on Memorial weekend and no one will come visit us--or worse, he'll wait until June!

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oh my gosh that's crazy about Dr. Crouch, that's who delivered Mady!

tiff snedaker said...

Yeah - stinks about Dr. Crouch leaving, he really was an amazing Dr. Sorry about all of the water retaining, one more thing to add to the list, right? It's May though!!!! WAHOO :) Only a few weeks left!

Anonymous said...

Hello Birch family, I finally checked out the blog!! How cute!!

Hope everything goes well with things the next couple of weeks!

Shaylen said...

That stinks about the water. I hate feeling swollen. When I went to CA to visit I wasn't used to the hot weather, I felt swollen the whole trip!! lol. I hope everything continues to go well. Oh hey you should check out my blog.
Just email me at woo06018@byui.edu and I will offically invite you. My blog is private. :)