Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Opskamatrists

A few weeks ago Jeff took me to an Opskamatrists concert.


Unless you grew up in Firth, Idaho or went to school at BYU-Idaho, I doubt you've heard of them.  I went to high school with the lead singer, Bruce, (the one with glasses, red shirt, and trumpet) and Bruce and Jeff were in the same major in college.  We hadn't really talked with Bruce or anyone from the band since a backyard barbecue we all went to in 2007.  Well, a few weeks ago Bruce wrote on Jeff's Facebook wall and said that the Opskamatrists were playing a few concerts in Utah and asked us to come.
We had a great time catching up with old friends and listening to their band.  Part way through the concert, a girl that was sitting by us said to me, "You guys look familiar.  Did you go to BYU-Idaho?"  We found out that she and her husband had lived at The Village the same time we had. For the life of me, I can't remember either of their names! By the end of the night I was feeling a little homesick for our BYU-I days when life seemed a lot less complex and we only had one little rugrat to chase around! Sometimes its easy to get caught up in our "Utah life" and  forget about the life we left in Idaho. This was a nice little reminder of home!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Oh the good ole days!! Life was so much simpler then wasn't it? But its funny because at the time we didn't think so~ The moment that we are in is always the hardest it seems.

tiff snedaker said...

BYU-I almost seems like a lifetime away doesn't it? Life was a lot simpler than. Looks like a fun band!