Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunshine

Today was that little bit of sunshine I needed to lift my spirits. A small reprieve from some of the stresses and anxieties that have plagued us lately. New babies always bring such love into our home, but it never fails that some of our hardest trials always come shortly after their arrival.

As I sat in church today, and looked at all of my handsome men spread out on the pew, I couldn't help but feel gratitude for this wonderful little family I've been blessed with.  The gratitude that filled me was like a ray of sunshine penetrating the gloom that's seemed to surround me the past few weeks.

My gratitude grew as I thought of how in spite of everything, I have been given so very, very much.  Perhaps more than I deserve. The blessings of the gospel; my sweet family; thoughtful friends, family, and neighbors; Jeff's job and all the benefits it provides for us; my wonderful little house and nice neighborhood...


This is year I've chosen to focus on the word Refine. Today was a great reminder that as I focus on refining my imperfections (and so very many of them I have!), I also need to remember that gratitude is an important part of becoming refined. 

 "A grateful heart will give you a touch of refinement that can come in no other way."

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

3 comments:

Krysta McClure said...

Beautiful! And what a good looking bunch of boys! You should be one proud mamma...not only because of that good lookin' group you've created, but because you are and incredible person!

Deanna said...

love this! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Shaylen said...

Thank you for sharing. I like your idea of choosing a word to work on. Your boys are so handsome. :)