Sunday, June 26, 2011

Grandma's Visit

Earlier this month my mom came to visit us for a week.  She arrived on my birthday and was such a blessing because I was in the middle of my sickest days of my first trimester.  I felt so bad because the first few days she was here I just laid on the couch most of the day feeling exhausted and nauseated.
 Luckily I was able to snap out of it and we took the boys to the aquarium and zoo.  The Hogle Zoo has a display going on right now called "Zoorassic Park" and they have several large, robotic dinosaurs around the zoo.  Here are Carson and Jonas on the tail of one.
 Carson's favorite part of the zoo trip?  Touching an armadillo!
 We even got to see the new baby elephant at feeding time.
 And of course the boys had to stop and play with the diggers for awhile!
 Grandma was such a great help to us!  She did lots of laundry and dishes for us...because I was just so sick that I had no desire to do it!  And she was especially nice to watch the boys for several hours while Jeff and I went to my first OB appointment and then out to dinner.  Thank you Grandma! We love you!

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Your mom is just plain awesome. How nice that you were able to have her here to take care you and visit. :)

Deanna said...

agreed! Your mom ROCKS! And you didn't even have to bake your own birthday cake. LOL! Happy Belated Birthday!

Alisha said...

Moms are complete awesome!!! Yours especially!!! So glad that you are feeling better!