For the last few years, we have just gotten Carson cheap Walmart coats for winter. Each year the coat has fallen apart...you get what you pay for. So, since we chose to buy cheap coats I have no winter coats in storage for Jonas, apart from some nicer dress/peacoats I got at Old Navy. This year I decided that I was going to get good quality coats for the boys...after all I'm going to have three boys that the coats can be used by!
Two weeks ago I was in shopping at Children's Place and saw that they had just put their winter coats out. I almost bought them then, but I sure am glad I waited! I went back in today and they had their coats 30% off. I got an additional 10% off for using my Children's Place card (so a total of 40% off) and then I had a coupon for $20 off of my next purchase. If I would have paid full price it would have totalled $116.47...but I paid only $54.12!!! For two nice quality coats I think I got a killer deal. I {{heart}} Children's Place!
BTW, I think its a total rip off that all stores charge more for "big boy" clothes than toddler clothes. I've been starting to get Carson extra small clothes (in the boys section) and they cost so much more. His coat was $10 more than Jonas' and I know there isn't $10 more fabric in it than there was in the 4T. Oh well, I know they have to make money somehow. I know I shouldn't complain...wait until they are teenagers and their pants are $50-$60 (or more), right?
4 comments:
Way to go on the killer deal!! They are good looking coats, and they always seem so much cuter when they are cheaper than expected! We're going to Idaho this week and we aren't used to the cold at all and so Logan needs a coat, but I don't know what to do because he'll wear it once and that's it. St. George is not coat weather.
Nice job! I can't remember the last time I bought something at full price for my boys. Definitely not worth it if you can work the sales!
By the time they are teenagers tell them to get a job and pay for the $50 and $60 jeans with their own money. I think that you got a killer deal on their coats!
Way to get a good deal. That will look great with some blue eyes.Miss you all!
Post a Comment