I'm tired. So very tired. Its all I can do to get up and move. I feel exhaused, all the way down to my bones. Its like my head is awake and alert, but my body is just run down. It feels like there is no energy in my body at all. I've never felt this exhausted, even when I was pregnant. Maybe its time to go to the doctor, perhaps I'm anemic again. Or maybe its the fact that my 11 month old doesn't sleep through the night. Maybe almost a year of poor sleeping is catching up with me. Either way, I feel like I need a day off just to sleep. Does anyone else ever get that way?
So many things to do today and only one thing on my mind....laying on the couch. Not in a lazy way, but in a "I think I've hit the brink of total exhaustion way". The prospect of the whole day before me seems overwhelming. I only have to make it until 4:10, when Jeff will walk through the front door and I can finally fall asleep without worrying about what the boys are doing. That is something I am very grateful for...my husband...for the fact that he gets home from work so early....for the fact that he understands I've been run down lately....for everything he is.
Well, its time to put my game face on and try to get as much done as I can! Carson is already wanting to go outside and dig at the toys, and Jonas is ready for his morning bath and a diaper change. Welcome to motherhood, the most challenging job there is.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry! It should be called exhaustion, not motherhood, right? We've been kind of hit and miss with the sleeping thing lately. It's been a miss the last few nights as Rowan is sick again. We are headed to the dr. today -go figure.
Hope you get some rest!
Just hang in there Sara! You are tough, but maybe a doctor visit wouldn't be a bad idea? I have those days myself, I am so tired and all I can do is lay on the couch and try to stay awake to keep an eye on the kids. And like you, I too am thankful Ray gets home early, he is usually home at 3:30! Yeah for good husbands!! Oh yeah, how is the house stuff coming along?
I know the feeling. ((hugs)) Hopefully you can get some rest. I agree with Sarah though maybe a trip to the doctor wouldn't be such a bad idea. What a great husband you have and how nice to have him home early.
i say take it easy. enjoy the kids, and don't worry about what needs to get done around the house. somedays, you just have to give in to the exhaustion. we're finally having good nights, and i still can't sleep- probably because i'm anticipating a child waking up! you can come down here, a few of us girls are going to get pedicures on saturday! some much needed "i'm more than a mommy" time!
Post a Comment