Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Last Wednesday I took the boys up to Idaho. We had tons of fun visiting with family and friends. We spent a day in Rexburg and got to play with our cousins and then go visit our good friends the Tietjens. Being in Rexburg made me feel like we had never left and made our life in Utah seem so foreign to me...does that make sense to anyone? Anyways, Jonas even got his very first haircut on Friday and got rid of his Conan O'Brian hair do. I also got a haircut and opted for some bangs this time; I'm not so sure if I like them or not. Saturday was Brylee's blessing. She is such a beautiful little girl and a nice addition to the family. It was a fun day to spend with family. Later that day the kids had fun dying eggs and having an Easter Egg hunt. After the blessing, we went to a Graduation party for Matt Milner, one of our good BYU-I buddies. It was nice to catch up with old friends, even though it really did make me homesick. Carson got to see the Milner's dog, Wrigley, and instantly fell in love with him. Now he says he wants "a boxer dog and one like Wrigley". Here we are with the Milners and the Marshalls. We got to see the Marshall's new baby Sophie-she is such a cutie! Both Matt and Steve just graduated--good luck to both of them in their job hunts!!! Good times, good memories.Carson and Belle watching a rainstorm...too cute. We celebrated Easter morning at Grandma and Grandpa's house. The Easter Bunny sure did spoil my little guys with lots of presents.We even caught a glimpse of the Easter Bunny in Grandma's back yard as he was leaving! Carson was the one who spotted him first.Here are Carson and Jonas' Easter outfits. I tried all weekend to get a good picture of them together...this is my best attempt.
We are so thankful for family and friends. Most importantly we are thankful for the reason for the Easter Season: the resurrection and atonement of our Savior.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Your bangs are cute. I just got some cut myself. I'm bummed I didn't get to see you last week.

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, your post makes me homesick too. Your boys look adorable in their Easter duds. I love that Carson spotted the easter bunny, that's cute. I like your bangs too, they look great. Whenever you want to get together this week is great with me. Chandler doesn't have preschool and I just have to work Thursday. We could come up there and maybe visit the aquarium or something. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Glad you had such a great visit in Idaho!

Christine said...

Your hair looks adorable, I love it! It was so fun to see you on Saturday, what a nice surprise. :) I "stole" those two pics from the party, hope that's ok. :) Good news, Steve has an interview in Phoenix on Friday... hopefully we'll be moving in a couple of weeks!!