Saturday, November 10, 2007

6 Facts About Me

I've Been Tagged!

The Rules: Player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, player then tags 6 people and posts their names. Then player goes to their blog and posts a comment telling them that they have been tagged and asking them to read player's blog for rules.

Facts

1) On Thursday, I will be 12 weeks pregnant! We will have made it through the first trimester and each day I grow more excited that the baby will be okay.

2) The cravings have started to come. Last night I was craving licorice and banana peppers. Jeff thought I was nuts, but at the time the combination sounded so good! We went to Wal Mart and got the licorice, but not the banana peppers. I must admit, I LOVE spicy food when I am pregnant...by the way, I haven't gained any weight yet!

3) I have nine days left of teaching! The rest of the days are teacher inservice and parent teacher conferences, not to mention Thanksgiving break. I am getting a little sad to leave because I really have enjoyed working with my cooperating teacher and the students. I have a second hour full of boys that remind me so much of Jeff and my cousins. Its hard not to joke around with them too much. One of the boys reminds me a lot of my cousin Brad.

4) I am an education freak! It really makes me mad when I see people wasting their lives and not going to school. There is always a reason NOT to, and it seems so attractive to be done with school and just work. School is tough, but you can take your education with you, I am afraid all the new clothes and new cars don't matter in the end. It is so sad to see some of my students and the choices they are making. It is even harder to try to be positive about education without forcing it on them. They don't understand that, yes, even though school is tough, it is SOOOOO worth it. Ah, wait until their pre-frontal cortex matures when they are 21, and then they will see what they've done to their life! We are raising a generation of people who want to take the easy way out. Instant gratification--it's not worth it!!

5) I believe in the power of strong families. That is why Jeff and I have tried so hard to set goals for our family, and this year we have accomplished a lot of them! Last week I taught my 9th graders about families. It was so hard for me to leave the gospel out of it. You can see how they are so upset about what has happened to them in their families. Almost half of the students in my class come from divorced families, and they are usually bitter about it. I want to tell them that in the end, being bitter will only turn them in to what they hate--believe me, I've seen it happen. It is heartbreaking when you see someone become what they hated the most. That is why the Atonement is so important.

6) I am obsessed with The Office. Every Thursday at 8:00 our TV is on, one of the few times we turn it on during the week. I love the humor and the mocumentary style of the show.

Since I don't know six more people who blog, some of you can do it on your myspace page or email. Better yet, get blogging!! Here's who I'm tagging: Megan, Maggie, Alisha, Kris, Val, Maria

No comments: