| Shopping at City Creek |
To start off, I have to say that I have an amazing husband. Seriously. In June I turned 29, and he made it the best birthday ever for me. For the longest time I'd told him that my 19th birthday had been my favorite. Clear back in '03 when we were dating, he'd surprised me by coming to my parent's house (I was home on summer break from college) and decorated my bedroom while I was out on a morning walk with a friend. He had made me a bedside table (that is still in our room today, ironically, on his side of the bed) and then he took me to Downata Hot Springs for the day. It had always been my favorite birthday, until this year.
This year my birthday was on a Monday, and Sunday night I was kind of dreading that he had to go to work. I told him that I would probably take the kids to Thanksgiving Point or swimming for the day so we could do something fun for my birthday. He told me that would be a good way to spend the day and then when he got home he'd make me dinner and we'd have family over for a little party. The next morning my alarm went off at 7:00 (when Jeff is supposed to start work) and when I went to roll over to shut it off, I noticed Jeff's arm was still around me. I immediately panicked and yelled at him that he had slept in and was late for work. He shouted, "Surprise! I took the day off!" but in my groggy state I was still a little confused and asked, "You mean you don't have to go to work?" He then got up, made me breakfast in bed, and took care of the kids so I could have a relaxing morning getting ready. Then we headed into Salt Lake so I could go shopping for a birthday present.
I was on the hunt for new bedding as ours was getting quite old. We first stopped in to Target to look around, and I found a beautiful pin tuck comforter, but I'd had my heart set on a pin tuck comforter from West Elm, so I passed it up. Jeff bought me two shirts and then we headed off to grab some lunch at Cafe Rio.
Umm, Pork Barbacoa Salad for my birthday lunch?? Perfect!
After lunch we headed to my SIL's house to drop our kids off for a few hours. We went over to City Creek so I could hit up West Elm and drool over all their cute stuff.
![]() |
| I seriously love West Elm. |
In the end, I decided to go with the Target bedding since its price point also allowed me to get new sheets. An awful picture of the bedding, but you get the idea. Next up on the list is a new bed, or headboard...Christmas maybe?
After a full day of shopping and feeling spoiled, we came home and Jeff cooked me the most delicious ribs for dinner. I love that man.
| Jonas and Mason snuggling in the new bedding with me. Love these guys a "million-gillion". |
For my birthday I had also gotten money from several people and I saved it up to fund our board and batten project. You can read about it on my other blog here. Overall, it was a spectacular day and I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and little boys who made it so great.





1 comment:
What a good GOOD hubby. Seriously, you are blessed and hope your last year in your 20's is amazing.
Post a Comment