We started out the sumer getting some good use out of our fire pit. The boys love having a fire and it seems like they are always begging for us to do one. Every time we start a fire Carson wants us to tell stories. In fact, the kid is always wanting someone to tell him a story.
Every year our town holds "Pony Express Days" and it culminates with a concert at the amphitheater in our subdivision and a fireworks show. Our neighbors always put on a great BBQ for the neighborhood and its a great time to hang out with friends and let the kids run wild.
The boys got to go with me to scouts all summer. I think they liked it.
Jonas enjoyed dressing up as Obi Wan almost every day.
We had many backyard water days where we played on the trampoline with the sprinkler on, had water fights, and played in the wading pool. Most of the time as soon as we stepped outside, we had neighbor kids over to play.
Carson loves to go shoot his BB gun. On this day I had taken him down to the bottom of the subdivision and we shot at his targets.
In June we hosted a BBQ at our house with a bunch of friends. We loved having everyone over. We live in such a great neighborhood!
Baseball finished up and Jeff and I were a bit relieved. I don't know how people do sports all of the time, especially competitive ones. I don't think we have it in us as a family...we enjoy our free time too much. The boys enjoyed playing in the city league, but we were all thankful to have our Saturdays back when it was over.
We went swimming quite a few times.
At the beginning of summer, I started taking Porter into nursery. Even though he wasn't 18 months until July we had hit the point where we were just wandering the halls so I decided to find out which nursery he was being assigned to (we have 4 nurseries in our ward). It worked out nice since one of my friends was called to be the leader of Porter's nursery so we got to sit and chat while I was in there with Porter.
We spent time at the Children's Gardens.
We got our Cinemark Summer Movie Club passes. It was a nice way to break up our days. Although taking Porter to the theater was rough to say the least. Maybe he'll do better next summer...maybe...
We had playdates at the park with friends.



5 comments:
You forgot the part where you came to visit grandma!
You forgot the part where you came to visit grandma!
A full summer of the simple things... it doesn't get much better than that. You deserve the best mamma award. No worries about being behind on blogging. You were taking care of the important things.
I may not always comment, but I have loved watching your little family grow....
Those quilts you make are so beautiful. Most classy fort I've ever seen:)
Haha, that's coming in the next post.
Post a Comment