Sunday, April 7, 2013

Valentines

So, Valentine's Day...yeah, that was a while ago...

This was the extent of our Valentines decor.  I know, I know, I went all out this year :).



I made a ton of Lego Star Wars Valentines for my boys.  Since Jonas and Mason are both in preschool, I made them use the same Valentines as Carson.  Ironically, a few weeks after this, my boys discovered that Star Wars is super cool and they are now obsessed...but that's a different post all on its own.


I did our traditional Valentine's breakfast.  This year we opted to go with a small toy instead of candy.  I am a person that hates waste and hates my kids being on a sugar binge.  To me, its sometimes a waste to buy them candy and then its gone in 10 minutes and I feel like I just threw away money.  At least this way, they still had something to play with for the whole day.


We ate pink pancakes and heart shaped eggs.


Each year Jeff and I heart attack the hallway by the boys' room and each year they come out of their rooms shocked to see all the hearts.  I thought for sure Carson would be old enough this year that it wouldn't be a big deal to him, but he was still super excited to see all of the hearts.


As soon as Carson got home from school, we loaded up and headed down to the Park and Ride to leave Daddy a special Valentine's treat in his car.  The guys he car pools with thought it was pretty funny too...especially the heart that said "Sexy Beast".


I made it up to him though by leaving him his favorite: root beer and Oreos.  There is still crinkle paper in the car. I figured we would be finding it for months since I told the boys to put it in every crack they could find.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

What a great idea to buy toys instead of candy! Definitely will have to remember that one next year!