Here's another monthly update from us! Life is super crazy right now and I have a dinosaur of a computer, so blogging has taken a back seat for now. Anyways,we started out August by showing our support for Chick-Fil-A. We couldn't believe how long the lines were and the cars in the drive through line were backed up more than a block. I wish I would have snapped a picture of it.
I got a new rug for the living room. I know, not big news, but I sure love it.
There was another fire by our subdivision, this one caused by lightning. No evacuations, just a lot of smoke.
We went to Jeff's mission reunion up in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The boys had fun rolling down hills and we discovered that Jonas has a talent for basketball.
We spent a lot of time outside playing with friends, riding bikes, and doing yard work. (I like to mow the yard and weed the flower beds because, for me, its relaxing.) We had a few BBQ's with friends and neighbors and spent many nights out chatting with good friends. I seriously love our neighborhood. I'm sure I've said that before, but we are truly blessed to have such good people around us and so many kids for our boys to play with.
| Aren't big brothers so awesome? |
| Perfect summer evening in the back yard. |
We harvested carrots, green onions, and tomatoes from our garden. I did a lot of vacuum packing to preserve the onions and carrots. I also shredded and froze a ton of zucchini.
We even grew a yellow carrot. Jonas was super excited since yellow is his favorite color. In fact, when we pulled it up, he exclaimed, "A yellow carrot! Just for me!!"
In mid August we went to a screening of The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure and were able to meet with the producer (who also did Thomas and Friends and Teletubbies) and the writer. I did a guest review of the movie for Babes and Kids Review. You can check it out here.
I took the boys in for their six month dental check ups. We were lucky to find an awesome pediatric dentist a year or so ago and the boys love going to him. It was Mason's first check-up and he did fabulous! They were able to get x-rays from him, something Jonas still won't let them do.
| Waiting for x-rays |
The husband went dumpster diving for me to find 2x4's for craft projects. Love that man.
Carson and Jeff had push-up competitions. That kid can do a mean push-up!
It was back to school time all too soon. I'm hoping to do a longer post on this later, but Carson ended up not attending the charter school. He is very happy back at Thunder Ridge with all his friends.
The boys love waiting for Carson to get off the bus and often run out to greet him!
1 comment:
What a crazy month! We haven't been able to do a garden in forever it seems! Next year...maybe..LOL! You have such a great family!
Post a Comment