Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

This year we hosted a Halloween Dinner Party with Jeff's family.  Almost every Sunday we get together for dinner, so the Sunday before Halloween was the perfect time for us to celebrate together as a family.  We set up dinner as a buffet style and everyone was instructed to bring their favorite "spooky finger food".  My sister in laws came up with some super cute foods! 

 And of course I had to try these candy corn sugar cookies that had been posted on several blogs I follow.  Must have been the popular recipe this year!


Then on Halloween night, Jeff and I took the boys around the neighborhood trick-or-treating.  Jonas' costume was a big hit and he got so many "Look at how cute he is!" compliments.  If you can't tell, he is supposed to be riding on a dinosaur. 


This was Mason's first year dressing up and going out, since he was just a baby last year.  He did NOT like dressing up, and I was only able to get the top half of his costume on him.  He refused to get his picture taken with his brothers, but I snapped this shot of him just as we were heading out.


2 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Sounds like a fun party and your boys costumes are cute! Love that candy corn sugar cookie recipe. :)

Crystal Hendrix said...

I love the dinosaur costume! I ended up making some just because I couldn't find any! I should have asked you were to get one! :D Would have saved me tons of time and stress!