Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FRUSTRATION & HUMILITY

FYI: All plans for us to move or do anything with our lives is on hold until further notice.

Jacobsens keeps moving back the date of our transfer...the people who were going to buy our contract backed out...we are at a total loss of what to do next. Seems like we are being humbled and put to the test right now. Perhaps our destiny lies here in the little town of Rexburg and not out in the great unknown. Everytime we try to leave Rexburg something happens so we don't. Remember St. George?? Yeah, we were supposed to transfer there last February. So right now we have NO plans, except to humble ourselves even more and seek the guidance of the Lord. I feel like the proverbial George Bailey (Its a Wonderful Life), stuck in my own little Bedford Falls, while everyone else gets to travel the world. But, perhaps like George Bailey, there are lives here that only we can touch. So any further postings on what we are going to do will only come after plans are finalized and we have a clear direction as to what we are going to do. Perhaps Jeff won't be working for such a fickle company for much longer.

8 comments:

the milners said...

Bummer! For you. We are lucky b/c we get to still see you around! As confusing as it can get sometimes, I love how quickly the Lord can redirect our lives if we may be heading in the wrong direction. He totally does it out of love! Keep the faith, girl! Answers will happen.

tiff snedaker said...

I'm sorry - that is so frustrating. Just keep doing what you are doing and things will work themselves out. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Birch Family said...

good for us because all the cousins would have been in Salt Lake and then us in Idaho. and good for Carson who loves his grandparents house. hang in there we are praying for you.maybe we should try to get thing going on the land? it is free land and less for a house.

Holly Mayer said...

oh that is frustrating!

tiff snedaker said...

Don't send the scentsy - I'm sure it wouldn't be worth it because it's heavy. We will be up in August so I can just get it then. Do you know how much shipping costs if I order from your website?

tiff snedaker said...

BTW - Chan is missing Carson too. Anytime we get ready to go to church he says, "See Carson?"

Laura said...

hang in there!

Shaylen said...

That is a bummer. Hang in there. :) :) I like what you said about George B. I love that movie.